DAV of Minnesota Transportation Program
RAIN, SNOW, OR SUNSHINE, OUR VOLUNTEER DRIVERS ARE ON THE ROAD
The DAV of MN Transportation Program provides free transportation to Veterans to attend their medical appointments at the four regional VA medical centers, locally-based VA clinics, as well as VA, referred community clinics. The program has 40 vehicles stationed in over 20 communities around the state which have been purchased by DAV of MN through graciously donated funds and donated directly to the four areas VA Medical Centers.
Minneapolis VA (612) 467-2768
St. Cloud VA (320) 255-6480 ext. 6676
Northeast MN (218) 204-0693
Northwest MN (855) 277-9787
Southeast MN (507) 703-1139
The Transportation Program is a unique partnership between federal, state, county resources and the DAV of Minnesota allowing us to provide transportation to areas of the state where many county programs have been shut down due to lack of funding and fear of liability. Veterans are transported by our cadre of 188 volunteer drivers throughout the state. Our expanding program made an even bigger impact in 2022 than in 2021.
2022 DAV of Minnesota Transportation Program Impact
General Ridership Information
Transportation is a courtesy service offered by DAV of Minnesota to reduce the transportation barrier many Veterans experience in attending medical appointments. Rides are provided to any ambulatory Veteran seeking care at a VA or VA-referred provider regardless of service connection level or DAV membership.
- Transportation is a courtesy service offered by DAV to reduce the transportation barrier many veterans experience in attending medical appointments and not an earned benefit of service.
- Rides are always first-come first-serve and based on availability Monday – Friday.
- Transportation is provided free of charge. Riders on DAV of Minnesota Programs are not eligible to collect travel pay, since there is no cost incurred.
- Veterans are encouraged to request transportation as soon as they know about their appointment(s) and at least one week prior.
- We understand that appointments may be scheduled with less notice than one week. Requests for transportation in these situations are difficult to accommodate, but please call our office as soon as possible in these situations. We will make every effort to support you.
- While every attempt is made to prevent extended wait times, Riders may have to wait prior to, or after appointments, to serve other ride requests.
- If space is available, family members and caregivers may ride along. Please request this when scheduling your ride for capacity purposes.
- Please let your Transportation Coordinator know if you have any mobility limitations, require a walker, manual wheelchair, oxygen tank or have other needs.
- DAV Transportation cannot provide rides after sedation unless the rider has an attendant to sign and care for them.
Transportation Details in Your Specific Area
Please select the region of Minnesota where you will request transportation for more specific information.