The DAV of Minnesota Foundation is Proud to Fund Programs, Projects and Services to Improve the lives of Minnesota Veterans
The DAV of Minnesota Foundation welcomes opportunities to partner with DAV Chapters, non-profit organizations, and government entities to create and support meaningful programs, services, and projects across Minnesota. In order to maintain the integrity of the Foundation, we take the grant process very seriously. The board has created grant-making guidelines and eligibility standards to ensure that support goes to grant seekers who make the most effective impact in Veterans lives right there in our local communities.
We accept grant application submissions during four cycles within each calendar year. Application cycles will open and close on the first and last business days of January, April, July and October.
Applicant organizations must meet eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant. All organizational recipients must be recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt and are required to furnish the following documentation:
- Board of Directors’ list for the current fiscal year
- Program/project budget for the requested services for the current fiscal year
- Annual operating budget for the current fiscal year
- IRS Form W-9
- Form 990 filed with the IRS for current the fiscal year
Applicants may receive consideration only once per twelve (12) months. If you represent a returning applicant, you are not eligible to submit a new application until the minimum time has elapsed and, if awarded, you have also satisfied all measures of accountability as described in the executed grant agreement. Please include all required documents as listed in the application directions. If you are unable to submit a complete application, please consider applying in a later cycle that best aligns with the availability of the requested forms.
Grant Funding Restrictions
- Unrestricted general operating expenses
- The use and payment for services of a fiscal agent
- Endowment funds
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Fundraising activities or events (i.e., annual fund drives, benefit tickets)
- Umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
- Capital expenditures (i.e., building repairs, etc.)
If you represent an organization that is interested in applying for a DAV of Minnesota Foundation grant, please sign in to the Foundation’s application site to confirm eligibility.