Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary of MN
Our organization has a rich history. On a national level, since 1922 the DAV Veterans Auxiliary has partnered with the DAV parent organization in our mission of service to disabled Veterans and their families. In Minnesota, the Auxiliary has served the community since 1945 by volunteering at VA Medical Centers, nursing homes, schools, churches and communities. DAVA also works with the DAV of Minnesota, Department to assist with outreach to legislators on Veteran-related issues.
- Americanism - the Americanism program is about promoting/practicing admirable patriotic and Americanism customs by encouraging flag presentations and displays, political election participation, services and parades honoring veterans, citizenship, etc.
- Community Service
- Junior Activities - the DAV Auxiliary encourages Junior member involvement in all programs of the organization. Learning by example, juniors experience first-hand the rewards of volunteerism and service to the community as well as the significance of honoring our nation’s veterans.
- Legislative - units and members are urged to support all veterans’ legislative issues on local, state, and federal levels.
- VA Voluntary Services (VAVS) - members volunteer their time in the VA system in a variety of capacities, and units sponsor and contribute to various projects and programs.
DAV of Minnesota Auxiliary Locations
Get involved today! Our Chapters are truly foundational to the success and health of our organization, and members report personal fulfillment for the work we accomplish together.
Join the Disabled American Veteran Auxilary
Who belongs in the DAV Auxiliary?
- Family and extended family members of veterans who were disabled or died in military service
- Family and extended family members of veterans who have served in the military without sustaining injury
- Family and extended family members of those in active military service
- Family and extended family of Auxiliary members who are not otherwise eligible for membership
- DAV Members
Have questions about the DAVA of MN?
Get in Touch With Us
Please reach out to our State Adjutant, Breanna Kissel.