Northeast Transportation Program
The Northeast MN DAV Transportation Program serves ambulatory, non-wheelchair bound, veterans to and from medical appointments. The program incorporates vehicles stationed out of the Twin Ports CBOC as well as a vehicle stationed in Virginia, MN.
We serve the Duluth / Superior and surrounding areas to include: Cloquet, Proctor, Hermantown, Barnum, Moose Lake, Two Harbors, and areas in between for appointments at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Superior between 8:00am – 4:00pm).
The NE MN DAV Volunteer Transportation Program goes to the Minneapolis VAMC.
The following stops and times:
- Superior Outpatient Clinic Pick-up Location: Vehicle departs at 5:30am for the MVAMC
- West Duluth McDonald’s: Vehicle will arrive and depart at 5:45am
- Scanlon Holiday Station: Vehicle will arrive and depart at 6:00am
- Pine City McDonalds: Vehicle will arrive and depart at 7:15am
- MVAMC: Vehicle arrives at the MVAMC at approximately 8:30 for appointments from 9:00am – 1:00pm. We will depart the MVAMC no later than 2:00pm
These are the main schedule for NE MN DAV Program. We try to accommodate special transportation to Veteran’s Choice Program appointments, and St Cloud Medical Center Rehabilitation drop-off when possible (based on availability of volunteer drivers).
To schedule a ride call: 218-204-0693
Northeast Transportation Program Coordinator Bio Daniel Welsand
Daniel Welsand is the NE MN Transportation Coordinator for the DAV. He started my military career in the U.S. Navy in 1989 serving until 1992 when he was honorably discharged. After the service he graduated from Fond Du Lac community college in 1995 with an Associate of Arts Degree and transferred to University of Wisconsin Superior in 1996 completing his BA in Business Management and Marketing in 2003.
Dan brings the DAV of MN over 30 years of administrative experience. He is also a valued member of the Disabled American Veterans, active in chapter activities throughout the NE. He started the NE MN DAV volunteer transportation program July 13, 2015 and I am proud to serve/assist our area veterans.