Get to know your DAV National Service Officers at Fort Snelling
One of if not the most important functions of the Disabled American Veterans is the National Service Program where our dedicated staff of professionals take on the responsibility of assisting our nations veteran population in securing those VA benefits to which they are entitled. With that in mind, we would like to take this opportunity to introduce the Minnesota NSO crew at Fort Snelling.
First we would like to welcome Mike Medhaug back to the Minneapolis area. He started his NSO career here in August 2010 but was transferred to the Fargo, North Dakota Office in March 2014 to take over as supervisor in the Fargo office. When our longtime supervisor at Fort Snelling, Jon Retzer, was reassigned to the National Service Staff in DC, they decided that it was time to bring Mike back and he has assumed the duties as the Supervisor at Fort Snelling. Mike is a service connected retiree from the U.S. Army, he and his wife Donna live in Waconia, MN.
- Our assistant supervisor is Patrick Hernandez. Patrick is a service connected veteran and retiree of the U.S. Navy, Patrick has been a National Service officer for the DAV since June 12, 2011. He and his wife Heather currently reside in Blaine, MN.
- Senior Associate Service Officer Charles Burns has been on the team since July 9, 2012. Charles is a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and is currently a Staff Sergeant in The Minnesota Army National Guard. Charles, his wife Leah, and their three children currently reside in Elk River, MN
- Sandi Pemberton has been employed by the DAV since January 6, 2014. She is a service connected U.S. Navy retiree who worked 20 years as an Aviation Electronics Technician. She and her husband Jeff currently reside in Welch, MN.
- National Service Officer Derek Schultz has been employed by the DAV since June 22, 2015. Derek is a veteran of the Minnesota Army National Guard. He served in Iraq war as Field Artillery Crewmember. He currently resides in Farmington, MN.
- Carla Rose, a service connected veteran of the United States Air Force has been employed by the DAV since November 2, 2015. Carla and her husband Stephen currently reside in Crystal, MN
- NSO John Kalbach came to work for the DAV on January 4, 2016. John is service connected and a retiree of the U.S. Navy. John, his wife Michelle, and their daughter currently reside in Lakeville, MN.
- Our administrative staff currently consists of Haley Raebel and Wendy Thao, both of these ladies are outstanding employees and invaluable members of the team as they strive every day to ensure our veterans are properly and promptly taken care of.
The Fort Snelling DAV NSO team is outstanding, well trained, and effective….. These are the folks available to you if you and our County Veterans Service Officers ( CVSOs ) as our veterans and / or their families seek VA benefit information , VA benefit eligibility, and represent you in your claims for benefits if you so choose to seek their representing you through POA ( Power of Attorney ). This is a free service to you.
We encourage those of you who seek information on VA benefits, want to file a claim, and or revisit your claim, etc…. contact your CVSO and / or our DAV NSOs.
Our MN DAV National Service Officers can be contacted at:
DAV National Service Office
1 Federal Drive, Room G100
Ft. Snelling, MN 55111
Main Office (612) 970-5665 | Fax (612) 970-5671
*Story as published by the DAV Chapter 28 Southeast Mayo Chapter E-News on February 23, 2018