To Donate or Request Equipment Please complete the form below
**The Donor Connect Coordinator is on Vacation 2/23/20-3/24/20. No Connections will be made during this time. Correspondence will be answered upon return.
To View the current list, click HERE
The Disabled American Veterans of Minnesota has established the Donor Connect Program to connect veterans and their families in need of used durable medical equipment with medical equipment donors. The goal of the program is to build better lives for all Minnesota veterans and/or family members. Equipment is maintained by donors until it is connected to a specific need; we cannot pick up or store items for a number of reasons. The DAV of MN cannot estimate when an item will be connected.
We ask for detailed information about equipment and then enter that information, along with the donor’s contact information, into our donation database. This database is sent out to veterans and veteran advocates across the state as well as being posted to our website. When a request is received we try to link it with the equipment which best fits the situation/needs and if needed refer to alternate resources. We provide the donor contact information and at that point it becomes the responsibility of the requester to connect with the donor to set up an exchange time and place.
The Donor Connect Program is completely donation based. There is no cost to either the donors or the veterans who receive the donation. All donations are fully tax-deductible. We help the donor find a Minnesota veterans and/or family members in need and ask the recipient work with the donor to make arrangements to transfer the donated equipment. At such time that the recipient no longer needs the equipment, we help place it with another veteran and/or family member in need.
What items are NOT accepted for donation?
- Hospital Beds
- Any items in need of batteries or repairs
- Personal medical supplies such as; Prosthetics, B-pap and C-pap machines, nebulizers, IV stands, external feeding pump systems, nutritional supplies, catheter kits, hearing aids, prosthetics, incontinence items or diabetic supplies.
Used durable medical equipment accepted for donation:
- Aluminum Ramp
- Walkers, two-wheel and four-wheel
- Lift recliner in working order, not soiled or worn
- Manual folding wheelchair with foot rest
- Body lift/ Hoyer Lift
- Power scooters and wheelchairs with good batteries in working order
- Stair Lifts for transporting up and down stairways
- Shower Chairs/Stools and Bathroom Grab Bars
For quicker response please email program manager Gerry Falkowski at [email protected] | (320) 828-6761