On Saturday, 5/23/15, the 6th annual “Thank a Veteran Celebration” was held at all four Rochester Andy’s Liquor Store locations from 11:00 to 2:00. Proceeds from this event go to the DAV Mayo Southeast Chapter 28 and Beyond the Yellow Ribbon SE MN. The chapter will use the proceeds to serve veterans and their families in Dakota, Dodge, Goodhue, Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona counties. Beyond the Yellow Ribbon will use the proceeds to help bring service members in SE MN all the way home by creating awareness for the purpose of connecting Service members and their families with community support, training, services and resources.
Veterans, Active Military, their Families, Friends and Supporters were invited to stop by any of the 4 Andy’s locations allowing us to say “Thank You” for their service with a free lunch and Thank You Veteran Coffee Mug, explained Rich Daly Chapter 28 Commander.
Special features of this event Included:
Barbecued lunch available at all locations (small donation for non-veterans):
- Andy’s Crossroads – Pulled Pork by Pit Master Joe BBQ
- Andy’s Market Place NW – Brats grilled by Sutter Home Winery
- Andy’s NE Wellner Dr – Homemade Brats by Schells Brewing Co
- Andy’s Express SW – Hot Dogs off the grill and chips
- Military Vehicles on Display
- Visit with the POW/MIA Riders and see their bikes at Andy’s NE, pictured below.
- Have a bottle of Jack Daniels engraved for free with your branch of the military or other personal designs from 11:00 to 5:00 at Andy’s Crossroads, Andy’s NE, and Andy’s Market Place.
- Free samples of several sponsor’s products were available.
- Special prices on sponsors products
We wish to thank all of the volunteers who worked at the event and the four Rochester Andy’s Liquor Store locations for their continued support of this annual fundraiser. We look forward to seeing you next year at our 7th Annual “Thank a Veteran Celebration” in Rochester, MN.