The DAV MN is over half way through this 2014-15 year. The DAV MN continues to do great things for the veterans and their families here in MN. You will read below just a few of the things that have happened so far under CDR Valtinson watch and guidance. However, as the Adjutant of this great organization, I want to say THANK YOU to all of members and volunteers that have help the DAV MN be so successful.
Your Department CDR has been extremely busy this year. Some of the CDR’s highlights so far this year have been the merging of Chapter 5 SOTR with Chapter 28 Mayo-Hiawatha, Rochester. This merging took place to help a struggling chapter not lose the members and keeping the mission of the DAV MN in the for-front in the decision. In addition, CDR Valtinson has been able to attend 2014 14th District meeting, the dedication ceremony for the “The American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial”, and attend the 2015 Mid-Winter conference.
Some highlights so far this year:
- We lead our division once again with membership recruitment results. Thanks to all the great recruiters, this organization has!
- Our MN DAV Foundation will be conducting the DAV MN Golf Classic on June 3 and the OGR on May 16.
- This past year the Department held a Chapter leadership conference to educate our Chapter leaders. The Department is looking forward to doing it again.
- The Department has also started a Bi-weekly electronic newsletter. If you have not signed up for it, go to davmn.org and signup.
- Our DAV transportation program continues to lead the nation in volunteer hours, and miles driven.
- The DAV MN Donor Connect continues to grow. This program continues tohelp veterans and their families with medical equipment all across the state. Thank you to all the Chapter volunteers that have helped the Donor Connect program.
The Department Convention is fast approaching. If your Chapter has not sent in your Delegation list, please do so. Also, do not forget to make your hotel reservations. The convention this year is in Mankato. Go to www.davmn.org for more details.
Chapters are starting to conduct their elections. Make sure you get your officer report sent into National and Department right away. On the report make sure things are legible, especially email addresses.
I look forward to see everybody in Mankato for the Department Convention.
Summer is almost here!!
Adjutant, / Executive Director
DAV of MN