Donate Durable Medical Equipment to a Minnesota Veteran
The Disabled American Veterans of Minnesota has established the Donor Connect Program to connect Minnesota veterans and their families in need of used durable medical equipment with medical equipment donors. The goal of the program is to build better lives for all Minnesota veterans and their family members.
How does this program work?
The Donor Connect Program is completely donation based. There is no cost to either the donors or the veterans who receive the donation. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
The Donor Connect Program does not pickup donated durable medical equipment. We help find a recipient in need and put them in contact with the donor to make arrangements to transfer the donated equipment. Please note that our program only serves Minnesota veterans and those in surrounding areas. At such time that the recipient no longer needs the equipment, we help place it with another veteran or family member in need.
What to donate?
Examples of used durable medical equipment accepted for donation include:
- Four wheel folding walker with seat
- Lift recliner chair
- Manual and electric person lift
- Manual wheelchair
- Power scooter with good batteries
- Power wheelchair with good batteries
- Shower chair
- Stair step chair lift
What items are not accepted for donation?
The following items are not accepted for donation:
- Power scooter or wheelchair that need repair and/or new batteries.
- Items that are worn, or soiled.
- Personal medical supplies such as; Prosthetics, B-pap and C-pap machines, nebulizers, IV stands, external feeding pump systems, nutritional supplies, suction catheter kits.
Who to Contact?
If you have a need or want to donate durable medical equipment, contact donor connect program manager, at 651.210.1161 or send an email.